Teacher’s Pet THINK Maths
A brand new project for Teacher’s Pet – Just what is THINK Maths?
Our THINK Maths packs are the perfect classroom tool to help you get the most out of your maths teaching.
We’ve done all the hard work for you by providing you with planning, starter activities, teaching aids, games, problem solving and reasoning, consolidation powerpoints, targets and assessment.
THINK Maths follows the Maths National Curriculum for Years 1 – 6. We also have Reception packs in the pipeline which will follow the Early Learning Goals and outcomes.
How does it work?
Broken down into Autumn, Spring and Summer terms, you can easily find the packs you need for your maths teaching.
Each term contains 11 weekly teaching packs (which include planning, teaching aids, activities and games) and 1 consolidation pack to use in week 12 of the term, as well as additional packs for things like starter activities, problem solving and reasoning and assessment.
THINK Maths really is a teachers best friend.
An ongoing project
As I’m sure you can appreciate, this is a huge project for us and not something that is going to be completed overnight.
Each weekly pack takes on average 8 hours to create and put together.
New packs are added to our website for you to download on a daily basis and we aim to have the entire collection of 315 packs online within a 12-18 month period.
Once this is completed, we will continue to add to and develop the existing content, listening to your feedback and suggestions, to ensure THINK Maths really is a classroom essential for all teachers.
THINK Maths – an overview
- Spring, Summer and Autumn overviews.
- Suggested starters, daily lesson outcomes and a daily teaching overview.
- Includes PDF resources which are also perfect for your whiteboards.
- Some resources being available as Microsoft word documents so you can edit the content.
- A great range of differentiated activities and games.
- Colour options and black and white for many of our resource activities.
- Teaching tools, helping to explain new maths concepts.
- Reusable activities, ideal for laminating and using as independent resources.
- Fun games as well as independent activities.
- Ideal homework activities.
- Whole class games which are perfect for plenaries.
The image above gives you an overview of the 8 different areas that make up THINK Maths.
All our download images are clearly labelled and named so you can instantly see what’s included in each pack.
As this is an ongoing project, you may find that not everything is currently available for your year group or a particular term (especially if that term that is some time away yet). If you see a ‘coming soon’ image, that means it’s on the way very shortly so keep checking back.
As always, if you have any questions about THINK Maths then feel free to comment below or send us an email via our contact page or the contact pop up in the footer – we love hearing from our community.
The Teachers’s Pet Team